Terms and Conditions
- Appointments are booked with a 2-HOUR arrival slot.
- For example, if your appointment is for 12pm, our arrival time might be between 12pm to 2pm to allow for earlier jobs and traffic conditions.
- Personal items must be removed from the vehicle before the appointment.
- The company accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal effects left in the vehicle.
- Our staff are not permitted to remove, adjust, or fit Child seats.
- It is the sole responsibility of the customer to ensure the following;
- If your appointment is in an underground carpark or a multi storey carpark, please ensure there is a sufficient height for our van to enter safely.
- Sufficient lighting within the car park and sufficient drainage for any water we might use for your vehicle.
- You have permission from the car park company or owner for us to work on site, whether it is underground, multi storey or ground level.
Changing or Cancelling your appointment
- Changing or cancelling an appointment 24 hours in advance is free of charge.
- Changing your appointment less than 24 hours’ notice may incur a £20 rescheduling fee.
- Your deposit is non-refundable if your cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours’.
- Cancellations must be made in writing by email or text message.
- It is not always possible to accurately assess the extent of a repair purely through photos, and final assessment will be made by our technician on the day of your appointment.
- Estimates by email using customer photos are indicative only and subject to change upon face to face inspection if there is more damage on your vehicle than originally seen on your photos.
- If our technician believes the paint repair will take longer or is a larger repair than we anticipated from your photos, there may be in increase to our initial estimate.
- If there are dents, creases, distorted areas etc. on your vehicle that were not visible in your photos, these will be charged additionally if they can be repaired by us.
- If we believe that further work is necessary to complete the repairs, the customer’s authorisation and agreement will be obtained before any further work is carried out that would increase the price to the original estimate.
- If such authorisation is not given, we reserve the right not to continue with the additional repairs.
- In these circumstances the full estimated price remains payable by the customer.
- Further work that does not increase the estimated price may be carried out without the requirement for customer authorisation.
- Our guarantee for repairs to the vehicle are for the owner of the vehicle when the repair was carried out by us at the time and are non-transferable.
- The guarantee is a formulation and application guarantee: that the finish will not degrade due to the paint being improperly mixed or applied by us.
- No guarantee of any sort is offered against damage or deterioration to the finish in the following ways:
- i. By any corrosion or rust (whether it was evident before the repair was carried out)
- ii. Failure of the surface to which the repair is applied (i.e. as the result of a previous aftermarket repair)
- iii. Further accident or impact (including but not limited to stone chipping)
- iv. Inappropriate aftercare (including but not limited to washing the vehicle within three days of completion of work, the use of corrosive cleaning agents)
- Paint repairs are covered by a 12-month guarantee.
- Wheel refurbishing are covered by a 6-month guarantee.
- Any refund or liability shall be limited to the maximum of the value indicated for the repair on the estimate or invoice.
- Claims made to rectify any work provided by us shall be referred to the technician that completed the repair(s), who has the right to repeat performance (to carry out the service again).
- The repeat repair will be subject to an inspection by us before a resolution is agreed if the complaint is upheld. Any refund or liability shall be limited to the maximum of the value indicated for the service(s) on the Invoice.
Parking & Repair Location
- We will need to park our vehicle next to, behind or in front of your vehicle.
- Parking for our vehicle must be arranged by the customer.
- If your vehicle is parked on a public road, it is the customers sole responsibility to ensure there is adequate safe space for our staff to work and no risk to safety to ourselves, our vehicle or other members of the public or passing traffic
- If we cannot park safely, close enough to your vehicle and without any parking restrictions, parking fees or penalties, and we have to abort the appointment, the deposit will be non-refundable.
- Any parking fees or penalties for customers’ vehicles and/or our vehicle must be paid by the customer.
- AutoKlean reserves the right to decide, in its sole discretion, upon the suitability of the location and will not be obliged to complete repairs if the location is not safe or suitable.
- This location may, therefore, be changed at any time including on the day of the booked repair as variable factors, including but limited to, weather, parking conditions, safety and available light.
- If AutoKlean decide that the repair should be completed at a location other than that originally envisaged, for any reason, including but not limited to inclement weather, AutoKlean will not accept any liability for costs or inconvenience incurred by the customer as a result.
- We will make an offer to conduct the repair(s) at the estimate price at an alternative time, date or location convenient to both parties with a £20 rescheduling fee charged to the customer.
- A 50% deposit is required for all appointments in advance.
- The balance is to be paid upon completion before our staff leave your premises.
- Payment by Debit or Credit card only.
- We do not accept cash and our staff are not permitted to have cash in their vehicles.
- If the person paying for our service is not present, please ensure that full payment can be made upon completion.
- A £20 rescheduling fee will be charged if we arrive at your property and cannot conduct our work for reasons not caused by our staff.
- If your appointment needs to be aborted or cancelled on the day, due to reasons not caused by our staff, your deposit will be non-refundable.
- Appointments are weather permitting and may be subject to change if weather conditions will hinder our service to you.
- Rescheduling your appointment due to weather conditions is free of charge
- If we are providing valeting services & our staff consider your vehicle to be excessively dirty, we reserve the right to impose a surcharge for extra time required of up to 25% of the original price.
Repair Quality & Previous Repairs
- On very rare occasions, some repairs may not be identical to an automotive factory finish which are machine sprayed to tolerances beyond human capability.
- For this reason, some colour match repairs & other elements of the repair may not be “as good as new” or might not have a precise finish, but it is quite rare to have a colour problem.
- AutoKlean discharges its obligations under any repair agreement by providing a good quality, hand completed aftermarket repair.
- In this instance, we will consider our repair to be a good quality repair in these circumstances, but such a repair is unlikely to be detected by a casual examination of the vehicle by an untrained observer.
- It is the absolute responsibility of the customer to advise us of any non-original finish to any areas on the vehicle, including but not limited to repairs to previous damage and re-sprays.
- In the case of incompatibility with a non-original finish (whether notified by the customer) will not be obliged to rectify any repair if the previous repair presents a problem to our repair or our colour match.
- In the circumstances stated above, even if the customer is not aware of any nonoriginal finishes to the vehicle.
- Stone chips, touch-ins and any work identified as a cosmetic improvement will not constitute a repair and will not be undetectable against the original finish.
- The level of improvement for such cosmetic services is not guaranteed.
- If you are having wheels refurbished, please wash the face of the wheel/s slightly to remove any excess dirt.
- Un-washed wheels may be charged at £10 each.
- We refurbish Diamond Cut wheels using a cosmetic method. This is NOT a lathe repair.
- A lathe repair often shaves too much of the wheel surface and limits the amount of times they can be refurbished
- Diamond Cut wheels are refurbished by replicating the look of a Diamond Cut finish by repairing the damage, painting and lacquering to provide a fully refurbished look
- If we have advised that your wheels are excessively or severely damaged and that we might not be able to refurbish them to a perfect standard, your appointment is booked on this basis and agreement.
ADAS – Re-calibration
- If your vehicle is fitted with ADAS, vehicle manufacturers specify that ADAS systems may require recalibration following repair work to ensure that the ADAS system continues to operate.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we do not complete ADAS re-calibration services within the repair.
- You will need to arrange re-calibration with your dealership.
- If re-calibration is required, it is your sole responsibility to ensure this work is carried out in a timely manner at your cost.